thomasinaknitsheader 2

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Resolutions

A month or so earlier than is traditional but there's no time like the present.

I will finish everything that is currently on my needles before casting on anything new. That means:

  • Finishing the fronts of the Argyle sweater and making it up.
  • Ripping back and reknitting the bottom ribbing of my stripy sweater in Kid Classic and doing something with the neck.
  • Finishing the jaywalker socks I just started.
  • Adding a head to the Debbie Bliss teddy bear I started this weekend.
  • Finishing off the UK alpaca crocheted thing and finding a use for it (not big enough for a blanket, not long enough for a scarf, maybe a cushion?)

I will use what I have before buying anything new*. That mainly means:

  • Finding a use for the Rowan linen tape - I'm thinking bag?, rug?, oven-gloves?, shelf-runner? (other ideas/patterns gratefully accepted).
  • Knitting something out of the Colinette Giotto (the stuff I feel so bad about it lives away from the other stash under the bed).
  • Finally make a pair of socks that I actually wear from the bright pink Koigu.
  • Knit something out of all the odds and ends that are left over from various projects. (Probably a few pairs of Mrs. Beetons and some Innocent hats.)

Then and only then will I move onto exciting things like spinning the two remaining tops and knitting something from the fluffy angora.

In the meantime to assuage my craving for knitting newness here's what a few of the girls were knitting last night at the Bluestockings meeting:

Abby demonstrates her amazing ability to knit with ten balls of yarn and drink wine at the same time!

and here's what she was knitting


Kate shows off her lace cardigan whilst preserving her own anonymity!

Ellen is thrilled with the way her sweater is going.

Despite warnings about their addictive properties Ruth is knitting her first pair of Fetching hand warmers.

Katie is knitting a shawl with what currently looks like blue string but will turn into the most amazingly soft cashmere after washing.


New member Lucia is knitting a sweater for her boyfriend from Rowan Wool Cotton

And this is me—a pair of socks (naturellement).


Kirsty (of whom I didn't get a shot) was continuing to knit the now legendary Wonder Woman sweater and Aimee (whose knitting turned out kind of blurry, or maybe that's just how angora looks when photographed) was casting on a pair of hand-warmers.

*At this point the boyfriend said he'd believe it when he saw it.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Oh goodness. Be careful with those Fetchings. I had mine at the knitting circle today, and then someone else came with theirs, and then another woman showed up with hers... and I have yarn to make 3 pairs for gifts! Very addictive things, they are!